Re: You're on SecurityFocus.com for the cleartext passwords. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: You're on SecurityFocus.com for the cleartext passwords.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> It'd be nice if we could fix pg_dumpall to dump CREATE USER commands a
>> version before we actually need it ;-).

> The problem is that CREATE USER doesn't cover all fields of pg_shadow, in
> particular usecatupd. Though perhaps this field is obscure enough to not
> bother.

Well, we'd also want to make sure that CREATE and/or ALTER USER can be
used to set everything in pg_shadow.  A few more optional clauses
shouldn't be a big deal ...

> Also this will be pretty tricky to get to work for groups. (That
> pg_group table really needs a redesign.)

True.  I'm inclined to think that should be looked at in the context
of the schema support that people have been muttering about --- maybe
groups can be replaced by schemas somehow?  (Just a thought, maybe a
half-baked one.)