Re: [Bug] Logical Replication failing if the DateStyle is different in Publisher & Subscriber - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Bug] Logical Replication failing if the DateStyle is different in Publisher & Subscriber
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 8:50 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks like a problem to me, I think for fixing this, on logical
>> replication connection always set subscriber's DateStlyle, with that
>> the walsender will always send the data in the same DateStyle that
>> worker understands and then we are good.

> +1

An alternative that wouldn't require a network round trip is for the
publisher to set its own datestyle to ISO/YMD.  I'm pretty sure that
will be interpreted correctly regardless of the receiver's datestyle.

> Probably the same is true for IntervalStyle?

Not sure if an equivalent solution applies to intervals ...