replication followup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Banks
Subject replication followup
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello -
    As a followup to my mail about replication yesterday, I've
realized that I can make replication bi-directional, with each
(non-replicant master initiated) connection to a backend it's own
master with respect to that connection and all data modifications made
within it. In order to do that, though, I need to add items to the
structs Port (be) and PGconn (fe). After I do that, the asynch stuff
would just fall into place, and the performance should impove. My
question is whether there is anything I should be really careful of
when modifying these structs? I'm not sure if there is code that uses
byte offsets or something into these structs, so any warnings would be
much appreciated.

On a related note, does anyone know what the status of ER's
replication is?

-justinb

--
Justin Banks - WAM!NET Inc., Eagan MN justinb@wamnet.com
When you find two people who agree completely, you can be pretty