Re: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pete Forman
Subject Re: v7.0.3 *pre-release* ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker writes:> >     ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.0.3> > Please take a minute to download and
testthese out, so that when> we release, we don't get a bunch of "oops, you forgot this"> messages :)

I've tried it on a couple of platforms:

IRIX 6.5.5m, MIPSpro 7.3.
 Configure detection of accept() is working.
 Several regression tests fail.  Two patches that I'd submitted to fix these on IRIX have not been applied:
   2000-08-18: Update tests/regress/resultmap for IRIX 6   2000-10-12: Regression tests - expected file for IRIX
geometrytest

AIX 4.3.2, xlc 3.6.6.
 Same regression test failures as 7.0.2. The nasty failures are triggers, misc, and plgpgsql which consistently give
"pqReadData()-- backend closed the channel unexpectedly." at the same point.  Also the sanity_check hangs during a
VACUUM. Killing the backend was the only way to continue.

--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical           -./\.-  by myself and does not represent