[pgsql-pkg-yum] PyGreSQL and Psycopg2 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject [pgsql-pkg-yum] PyGreSQL and Psycopg2
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

For really historical reasons (even before I started working on the RPMs),
PyGreSQL has been our default Python adapter, and we ship it as postgresql-
python package. However, over the years, Psycopg2 is being used more and more,
and I think we should not push PyGreSQL as our default and preferred driver.

So, I'm thinking of packaging PyGreSQL as a separate package, like Tom did for
Red Hat packages about 8,5 years ago.

To provide backwards compatibility, the new PyGreSQL package will provide
postgresqlXY-python.

Any objections, comments?

Regards,
--