Automated backups for PG running on Windows Server? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vacuum Joe
Subject Automated backups for PG running on Windows Server?
Date
List pgsql-general
Quick question: I have installed PG 8.2.x on a customer's system and we will be storing a lot of critical data on it.
Itneeds to be backed up maybe twice a day.  It's very easy to back data up with the pgadmin tool (great tool btw) but
weneed an automated solution that we can configure.  This is all running on a Windows 2003 server.  Any suggestions?
We'reperfectly open to commercial or non-commercial solutions.

Ideally this should be able to do a hot backup, where it gets a valid snapshot even as the server is running.  I don't
knowthat, in these days of super-cheap disks, we need to worry about incremental backup.  If the entire dataset is 1gb
(whichit isn't) then a large current hard drive can hold a full years worth of dumps, so incremental backup doesn't
seemrelevant.

Btw, this pgadmin was pretty cool.  I've only ever used PG on Linux until now and I had never seen a tool like that.  I
wasimpressed with how easy it was to install PG, get it running, and then use this pgadmin tool to control everything.
AndI'm a total newbie on Windows.  This was the first time I have ever looked at Windows 2003 Server.

Never Miss an Email