Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From metaresolve
Subject Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin
Date
Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin
List pgsql-general
That's.... a little beyond me. Let me back up a sec and maybe you guys can
help.

I used to use Access to do my data crunching, matching, and cleaning at my
old job. I worked with a max of 600k records so Access could handle it. I
know, lame, but it's what I knew.

I was using Alteryx the past 8 months on files of 20M and higher. But, I got
laid off, so I don't have access to that software anymore.
[
My thought was to use postgreSQL as a kind of more advanced Access that I
could use to crunch numbers on similarly. However, My file has 1.1M records
on it and pgadmin seems to be choking on it.

How many records and relational tables can pgadmin/postgres actually handle?
I'm anticipating tests for my upcoming job hunts and I need something that
gives me query capability. I figured since I used to do it in Access I could
do it in SQL.

(btw, the reason I picked postgreSQL is my friend from my old job uses it
and likes it. i thought it would be easier to get help from her.)

Any input?