Re: new retention policy? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: new retention policy?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Peter,

On Thu, 2016-09-29 at 11:12 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Could you please clarify the new retention policy you allude to here:
>
> https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/92-Lots-of-cha
> nges-at-yum.PostgreSQL.org.html

I just updated the blog post to be more clear. We are talking about minor
versions here. For example, when 9.5.4 is out, 9.5.1 will be removed from the
repo. Or, when we release 9.5.4-2, 9.5.2 will be removed.

> Does this mean that when 9.6 is out, everything older than 9.4 is deleted?

No, because the we server major versions from different repos.

> (If so, or in general, maybe this mailing list would be a better place
> to announce or discuss it.)

We were doing this cleanup manually over the last few years, and finally I
found time to automate this.

Please let me know if you have questions/comments.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Attachment