Re: planner missing a trick for foreign tables w/OR conditions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: planner missing a trick for foreign tables w/OR conditions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What surprises me is we don't have an API that allows an FDW to decide
> what it can accept or not. It seems strange to have a unilateral
> decision by our planner about what another planner is capable of.

Uh, what?

There's certainly missing features in our FDW APIs --- no ability to push
over joins or aggregates for instance --- but none of that has anything to
do with assumptions about what the other end is capable of.  We're just
not done inventing those APIs.