Re: ascii to character conversion in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ascii to character conversion in postgres
Date
odbc (was: Re: ascii to character conversion in postgres)
List pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>> I vote for just renaming it to chr().  Any objections?

> first thing off the top of my head ... was there a reason why it was added
> to contrib/odbc?  ignoring the "oracle documentation", is it something
> that is/was needed for ODBC?

Now that I look, it seems ODBC specifies the function as "char()",
which means contrib/odbc is wrong on that score too :-(

New proposal: forget ichar(), give the function two entries chr() and
char().