Re: Call for platforms (HP-UX) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Call for platforms (HP-UX)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au> writes:
>    I'll look at this next week.  If someone can confirm that
>    /usr/bin/sh works for make check on HP-UX 10.20 that would be
>    useful.

It does not work.  See FAQ_HPUX.

> 2. I saw two different sets of output for geometry.out.  These seem to
>    relate to the processor level:

I think it depends more on what software you use.  The existing HPUX
resultmap (geometry-positive-zeros) works on my usual platform (C180,
PA8000 chip I think) when using gcc.  Compile with cc and you get one
different lowest-order digit in two lines, IIRC.  I have not tried it
lately on a 1.1 chip.

>    (a) on PA-RISC 1.1 some of the zero values are negative

Hmm, so does it match any of the existing geometry files?  That would
suggest that HPUX 11 has started adhering more closely to the IEEE rules
about negative zeroes ...