Re: Update or Delete causes canceling of long running slave queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Viswanath
Subject Re: Update or Delete causes canceling of long running slave queries
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jeff,
 Yes I am turning off autovacuum for experimental purpose only. I was
curious to know what is causing the queries to be killed when the autovacuum
is not running. I guess it had to be the pruning of HOT update chains like
you have mentioned.
Also I have already tried changing the parameters hot_standby_feedback and
vacuum_defer_cleanup_age, it works fine, but if HOT update is the problem
then changing these setting will hinder it right? If so then is it safe to
use these parameters? Or will there be any notable problems or performance
issues? This pruning of HOT update could be the case for update only or
delete queries too?