Re: PATCH: Add hstore_to_json() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: PATCH: Add hstore_to_json()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Dec 30, 2009, at 9:53 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> It looks like they are all very permissive, though I wonder what the
> legal effect of a license clause that the software be used for Good
> and not Evil might be.

Yeah, that might be too restrictive, given that PostgreSQL is used by government agencies and porn sites. Not that a
givengov or porn site is inherently evil, mind, but some are. ;-P

> I guess the question is whether we would slurp one of these into our
> code base, or whether we would add an analog of --with-libxml and
> provide only a stub implementation when the library is not present.
> Any opinions?  Does anyone know whether any of these implementations
> are commonly packaged already?

I doubt that they have similar interfaces, so we'd probably have to rely on one. I'd probably favor embedding,
personally,it's less work for admins.

Best,

David