Re: Streaming replication, master recycling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: Streaming replication, master recycling
Date
Re: Streaming replication, master recycling  (Venkata Balaji N <nag1010@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I apologise for the missing data.

we are running 9.1.15 on debian servers.

when we promote the old slave, it seems to go fine. Are you saying that it will cause issues down the line if the previous master is not shut down before promoting?

I was actually more concerned with the fact that we (some times) recycle the old master without doing a full basebackup. Again, this seems to work, but this presentation seems to indicate that this can cause problems (while seeming to work): http://hlinnaka.iki.fi/presentations/NordicPGDay2015-pg_rewind.pdf

The note is on page 14, under the headline: "Naive approach".

thank you for your support,
Fredrik