Re: Error installing 9.5 on Win 2012 R2: data dir not created - Mailing list pgsql-general

From DerekW
Subject Re: Error installing 9.5 on Win 2012 R2: data dir not created
Date
List pgsql-general
There are no differences between the 2 servers that I can imagine would stop
this install. Both were sucessfully running PostgrSQL 9.4.5 prior to the
update.

The /data directory is not even being created. After uninstalling there is
no /PostgreSQL subdirectory under C:/Program Files/. The installer is able
to create /PostgreSQL/9.5/ and subdirectories under this. Comparing the 2
installs the following are missing under C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.5/ on
the unsucessfull install:
./data/
./gdal-data/ (does this only get created when PostGIS is installed?)
./utils/

My suspicion is that a security setting somewhere is preventing these being
created, but I don't knopw where to look.