Re: Further cleanup of pg_dump/pg_restore item selection code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Further cleanup of pg_dump/pg_restore item selection code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Should pg_restore fail if asked to --create without a database entry in the
> TOC?

Yeah, I wondered about that too.  This patch makes it a non-issue for
archives created with v11 or later pg_dump, but there's still a hazard
if you're restoring from an archive made by an older pg_dump.  Is it
worth putting in logic to catch that?

Given the lack of field complaints, I felt fixing it going forward is
sufficient, but there's room to argue differently.