Re: Recovery Test Framework - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date
Re: Recovery Test Framework  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: Recovery Test Framework  ("Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Recovery Test Framework  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> Two things to fix this, and several other problems:

> 1.  Remove the messages size limits on -hackers.  They serve no useful
> purpose, and they interfere with our development process.

Agreed, or at least boost it up a good bit more.

> If -hackers
> isn't already subscriber-only, now would be the time to make it so.

Not sure how that's relevant?

> 2.  Start using more git, as many hackers and committers have already
> started to do.  This is the kind of situation where CVS just plain
> falls down because branching and merging are unmanageably difficult in
> it, where in git, they're many-times-a-day operations.

This is a red herring, unless your proposal also includes making the
master CVS^H^H^Hgit repository world-writable.  The complaint I have
about people posting URLs is that there's no stable archive of what the
patches really were, and just because it came out of someone's local git
repository doesn't help that.