Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
markir@coretech.co.nz writes:
> Trying out stuff on the command line seems to show a general "unwillingness" to
> work with forward slashed names at all:

Yeah, I think it may only be the POSIX library routines that are really
forward-slash friendly.

As I said before, I'm willing to #ifdef the code so that the string
substituted for %p converts all / to \ on Windows.  What I'd like to
know is whether that's enough to solve the problems, particularly in
face of spaces in the path, or whether we'll still be in quoting hell.

            regards, tom lane