Re: Example for Unique Partial Indexes - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Example for Unique Partial Indexes
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2023, 09:25 PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org>
> wrote:
>> Currently, the documentation does not provide information on how to create
>> unique partial indexes. Unique partial indexes are valuable for enforcing
>> uniqueness of a column's value over a subset of a table

> 11.8 discusses this in detail including an example.  Maybe should add a
> forward reference from 11.6 though.

Yeah, AFAICS 11.8's coverage of this point is perfectly adequate.

I'm disinclined to add a forward reference, because 11.8 is the
first section that mentions partial indexes at all.  Somebody
reading the chapter in order would have no idea what we were
talking about.

            regards, tom lane