Re: rmgr hooks and contrib/rmgr_hook - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: rmgr hooks and contrib/rmgr_hook
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 18:30 +0900, ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
>> How about adding a new variable "recovery_preload_libaries" like as
>> shared_preload_libraries? Rmgr libs in it are loaded only in startup
>> process and only if recovery is needed.

> Good point. If others agree, I will re-implement this way.

Aside from the objections raised by Heikki, I'm not seeing the use-case
for an rmgr that only executes during recovery; in fact I'm not entirely
sure that I see a use-case for this entire patch.  Where are the WAL
records that the "loadable rmgr" processes going to come from?