Re: Chasing "signal 11" issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Chasing "signal 11" issues
Date
List pgsql-general
Douglas McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
> "Tass Chapman" <tasseh.postgres@gmail.com> writes:
>> Since Monday I have been seeing "terminated by signal 11" messages
>> in my 7.4.6 + Slon 1.0.5 system,. but only on the master

> This kind of thing is almost always a hardware problem.  'memtest86'
> is probably a good first step, and see if any of your cooling fans
> hanve stopped working.

If nothing about the software or the workload have changed recently,
I'd agree with Doug about what to look at.  Otherwise ... 7.4.6 is
pretty old and we have fixed a number of problems since then.  Even
if you don't have the energy to migrate to 8.* now, there's very little
excuse for not dropping in the latest 7.4 subrelease (7.4.12 I think).

            regards, tom lane