Re: PostgreSQL-related legal question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL-related legal question
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com> writes:
> One of my sons was hired by Google last year after spending the past
> several years working on various open-source projects, it took 2 days of
> back-and-forth with Google's legal department before he was satisfied with
> the restrictions in their offer.

FWIW, I had a pretty similar discussion with Salesforce when I joined
them.

If you're looking at an employment agreement with verbiage like this,
get them to modify it.  They're probably hiring you in part *because*
you are a contributor to PG, so they should be willing to bend their
standard language for you.  If not, maybe you don't want that job.

            regards, tom lane