Re: pgloader CSV to table column formatting - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From DWebb
Subject Re: pgloader CSV to table column formatting
Date
List pgsql-novice
I noticed some errors in my post.

In my attempt to edit and change some of my sentences from singular to
plural, I did so, very poorly.

I also intended to state:

I have NOT had adequate success loading text fields from csv files into
postgres table columns defined with specific data types (other than columns
of character data types).  I assume data type conversion and inserting
default values in columns should be possible in the INTO section of my
control file, however I have not found examples or documentation on how it
is done.

Very sorry for these poorly written sentences.

Assistance, advice and/or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Webb