Re: two instances of Postgres in the same server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: two instances of Postgres in the same server
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ronaldo <ronaldo@shoppingbrasil.com.br> writes:
> I need to install a Postgres 8 server in the same host that already exist a
> Postgres 7 instance.
> If any know how to do this please help us.

Give them separate install directories, separate data directories, and
different port numbers, and you're good to go.  All of the principal PG
developers run multiple versions on the same machine.  (The machine I'm
typing this on has 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, and 8.1beta postmasters
alive right now...)

            regards, tom lane