Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pinker
Subject Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
> I was talking about when you ran the backup from pgAdmin. The backup
> dialog has a file selector button to select the path/file you want to
> back up to. So I was wondering how you got an incorrect path in the
> first place? Then it  occurred to me you might not have have used the
> selector, but directly pasted the path into the file field, is that the
> case?
>
> Have you tried doing the backup directly from the command line?
>
> --

I'm doing it directly from command line, just took command with options from
pgadmin window (because i don't like to read the whole documentation page
with pg_dump options), but always running it from bash, changing only
db-name, filepath, port etc. (in bash console)