Re: Decreasing the data loss after failover - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From sinasaharkhiz
Subject Re: Decreasing the data loss after failover
Date
Re: Decreasing the data loss after failover  (Craig James <cjames@emolecules.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Yeah I just set the archive_timeout to 5 minutes. But I thought that would
make postgresql to generate more wal files than before. Because the wal
files would be switched before getting completely full. So that would make
more 16MB wal files with less than 16MB data, and that will increase the
size of my backup.
But after I changed archive_timeout and restarted the barman backup, it has
not increased. So I wonder if I'm thinking wrong about it or I have done
something wrong. Do you have any idea about this?