Re: new buildfarm with gcc & clang "trunk" -Werror? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: new buildfarm with gcc & clang "trunk" -Werror?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> So I understand that a -Werror beast is somehow not desirable.

Not at this point; I for one would simply ignore it.  *After* we
have decided what project policy for this class of warnings is
going to be, it might be valuable to have such a critter.  But
that's not decided yet, and I'm not at all sure that "fix every
such warning" is going to be the decision.  We might well decide
these are mostly nannyism and add a -Wno-xxx flag instead.

In the meantime, I think we already have an animal running git trunk
without -Werror; if not, feel free to create one.