Re: Problems with linking against PostgreSQL 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Pavel Raiskup
Subject Re: Problems with linking against PostgreSQL 8.4
Date
List pgsql-odbc
> > I see that the symbol was added to PostgreSQL project in ~2010 and it
> > seems to be a problem.  Should I expect that newer drivers are able to be
> > run against older (still supported by PostgreSQL community) PostgreSQL
> > server, namely 8.4.13?
>
> You need to compile against a newer libpq but after that,
> you can connect to an older server.

Ah yes, that would be possible, thanks!  But still, if that is expected -
we should at least check older libpq's via configure.ac and blacklist
them, or?  It is pretty usual to have installed server & libpq of the same
version on the same machine...

Pavel