Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On May 30, 2015 2:19:00 PM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>> * The signal handling, sinval, client communication changes. Little
>>   none problems so far, but it's complex stuff. These changes are an
>>   example of potential for problems due to changes to reduce
>>   complexity...
>
>As far as that goes, it's quite clear from the buildfarm that the
>atomics stuff is not very stable on non-mainstream architectures.

Is that the case? So far it seems to primarily be a problem of the, old, barrier emulation being buggy (non reentrant).
Andthat being visible due to the new barrier in the latch code.

If not be surprised if there were more bugs, don't get me wrong, this is highly platform dependant stuff.

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.