Re: uuid patch 3.0 (8.3devel) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: uuid patch 3.0 (8.3devel)
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> I think the copyright header on completely new code should just include
> the current year, shouldn't it? I've just marked both files as
> "Copyright (c) 2007 [PGDG]".

I've always made a habit of using the full copyright notice including
the UC Berkeley line, because hardly any new files that go into our tree
are really written totally from scratch --- there's usually a
significant amount of copy-and-paste of older code to begin with, and so
I think it's appropriate to acknowledge that the roots go way back.
Also, random variations in the format of the notice tend to fool Bruce's
copyright-year-updating script.

            regards, tom lane