Re: configuring psqlodbc-08.03.0100 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: configuring psqlodbc-08.03.0100
Date
List pgsql-novice
Brent Austin <brent1a@yahoo.com> writes:
> I'm trying to configure psqlodbc-08.03.0100 on OS X 10.5.2 and I'm getting this error:
> checking for pg_config... no
> configure: error: pg_config not found (set PG_CONFIG environment variable)

> How do I "set the PG_CONFIG environment variable"?

Well, the literal answer is that you issue a command like

    export PG_CONFIG=/path/to/pg_config

but probably this is not the core of the problem.  The real question is
why pg_config wasn't found automatically, ie somewhere in your PATH.
Do you even have Postgres installed?

            regards, tom lane