Re: locale -a missing on Alpine Linux? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: locale -a missing on Alpine Linux?
Date
Re: locale -a missing on Alpine Linux?
List pgsql-hackers
Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net> writes:
> ## Peter Eisentraut (peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com):
>> First of all, is this a standard installation of this OS, or is perhaps
>> something incomplete, broken, or unusual about the current OS installation?

> Alpine uses musl libc, on which you need package musl-locales to get
> a /usr/bin/locale.
> https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/community/x86/musl-locales

Ah.  And that also shows that if you didn't install that package,
you don't have any locales either, except presumably C/POSIX.

So probably we should treat failure of the locale command as okay
and just press on with no non-built-in locales.