Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wambacher
Subject Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;)
Date
Re: autovacuum worker running amok - and me too ;)  (Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi paul

just found my system (24 GB Mem, 72 GB Swap) running nearly at it's limits:

The current vaccum is using 66.7 GB (sixty-six dot seven) GB of memory and
my System is nearly down.

I'm sorry, but that must be an bug. Remember: It's the Analyze of an
GIN-Index that is making that problems. Various tables - same Problem.

Regards
walter

<http://postgresql.nabble.com/file/n5841074/top.png>
duríng the last 10 Minutes vaccum took one more GB, now it's using 67.5 if
mem.

should i ask at the dev-list? Open a ticket?