Re: UUID-OSSP Contrib Module Compilation Issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: UUID-OSSP Contrib Module Compilation Issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce McAlister <bruce.mcalister@blueface.ie> writes:
> When I run configure with the above options, I end up with the following
> configure error:

> checking for uuid_export in -lossp-uuid... no
> checking for uuid_export in -luuid... no
> configure: error: library 'ossp-uuid' or 'uuid' is required for OSSP-UUID

Huh.  Nothing obvious in your info about why it wouldn't work.  I think
you'll need to dig through the config.log output to see why these link
tests are failing.  (They'll be a few hundred lines above the end of the
log, because the last part of the log is always a dump of configure's
internal variables.)

            regards, tom lane