Re: Copy command Faster than original select - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Belal Al-Hamed
Subject Re: Copy command Faster than original select
Date
Re: Copy command Faster than original select
List pgsql-performance
Let me change my question to this perhaps it would be clearer

why writing data result of select statment from PG server to file on disk
using copy statement is much faster than getting same data through PGAdmin
via libpg on the same PC on the same system on the same connection
(localhost) ?