Re: Syndicating PostgreSQL mailing list to Discourse - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Syndicating PostgreSQL mailing list to Discourse
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 05/25/2018 01:03 PM, Erlend Sogge Heggen wrote:
>> If our mirror archive gets enough traction we'd like to make it possible
>> to sign up to the forum and seamlessly interact with the mailing list,

> Well 'seamlessly works' would be the important part. In the past when
> this was tried(can't remember the who) the posts lagged noticeably and
> content went missing.

TBH, the existing services that try to do that provide a remarkably
unfriendly experience on this side, and haven't shown much interest in
improving that (I'm thinking of Nabble in particular).  So my initial
reaction is "thanks but no thanks, we don't need another of those".
But maybe you can do it a lot better than they have.

            regards, tom lane