Re: Postgres update 9.1 to 9.3 - error port 50432 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: Postgres update 9.1 to 9.3 - error port 50432
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ziggy Skalski wrote
>> connection to database failed: could not connect to server: No such
>> file or directory
>> Is the server running locally and accepting
>> connections on Unix domain socket "/var/lib/pgsql/.s.PGSQL.50432"?
> Is there a backend running on port 50432 or is this a typo and it was
> supposed to be 5432 in the above pg_upgrade command?

Ziggy:

I suggest you read the pg_upgrade documentation.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/pgupgrade.html

Specifically the part where it says:

"Obviously, no one should be accessing the clusters during the upgrade.
pg_upgrade defaults to running servers on port 50432 to avoid unintended
client connections."

David J.