Re: PSQL/pgAdmin - Column Completion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dvlsg
Subject Re: PSQL/pgAdmin - Column Completion
Date
List pgsql-general
True - I placed this message in general, because all the history I could find
with the pgAdmin mailing lists suggests that they /really/ don't want to
break away from the psql tab completion code and run their own. Those
messages are a few years old, however - maybe things have changed.

I agree about the additional machinery - my first glance at it looked like a
ton of additional pieces to get that sort of parsing functionality. I won't
have any time in the near future to take a stab at it, unfortunately. I'm
also not sure how much benefit a psql command line user would get out of a
full query parser for autocompletion. Probably not much, if anything. Feels
more like GUI functionality to me.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, though. I appreciate it.