Re: i386 postgres on i686 debian with multiarch - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rob stone
Subject Re: i386 postgres on i686 debian with multiarch
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sun, 2014-11-30 at 15:17 +0400, Damian Dimmich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a replica for a postgres 9.3 instance running on
> an older i386 debian install, replicating to a 64 bit install.
>
> Having enabled multi-arch** support on the 64 bit debian by running:
>
> dpkg --add-architecture i386
>
> and trying to install:
>
> apt-get install postgresql-9.3:i386
>
> gives:
>
> "Depends: ssl-cert:i386 but it is not installable"
>
> Any way of getting postgres i386 to depend on an arch independet
> ssl-cert ? The ssl cert's should be the same on both platforms I
> think?
>
> Has anyone gotten this to work?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Damian
>

> ** as per:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/multiarch-how-to-use-32bit-packages-on-a-64bit-system-debian-7-wheezy

Firstly verify the contents of

/var/lib/dpkg/arch

This file usually contains

amd64
i386

when multiarch support is enabled.

You must run

apt-get update

to re-build your package lists AFTER enabling multiarch.

However, I only use 64 bit PostgreSql.

HTH.

Rob