Re: List Concatination - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: List Concatination
Date
List pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Note that this is probably not a good idea - the ordering of the
>> contacts will not be well-defined. When I asked about this Tom Lane was
>> quite surprised that it worked, so no guarantees about long-term
>> suitability.

> Hmmm ... this feature is very, very, useful now that I know how to use
> it.  I'd love to see it hang around for future versions of PgSQL.  Tom?

As I said before, user-defined aggregates are certainly not going away.
I don't recall the conversation Richard was thinking of, so I'm not sure
exactly what was at issue there.  Most likely it was some fine point,
not the basic existence of the feature.
        regards, tom lane