Re: Convert query plan to sql query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mariem
Subject Re: Convert query plan to sql query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>If what you're wishing for is that you could also capture the effects
>of planner steps that are in the nature of source-to-source
>transformations, I think that's going to be harder because no great
>effort has been made to keep those at arm's length from steps that
>don't have results describable as pure SQL.  However, you could probably
>get pretty far if you applied ruleutils.c to the modified parse tree
>after the constant-folding and join tree simplification phases.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by source-to-source
transformations.
But yes, what I'm aiming is applying simplification phases and
constant-folding before transforming the query tree back to sql text query.
Thank you for the suggestions.

Best,
Mariem