Re: BUG REPORT: Unable to cast boolean::smallint - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: BUG REPORT: Unable to cast boolean::smallint
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane-2 wrote
> James Pittman <

> j.pittman@

> > writes:
>> It does not seem possible to be able to cast a boolean to a smallint.
>
> Well, there are also not direct casts provided from boolean to bigint,
> numeric, real, or double precision ;-).  I'm not terribly excited about
> this.

So why is there one for Boolean to int?

To the OP, why do you think you want one?

While I haven't used it much converting Boolean to zero/one for use in a
math formula is a known use case though likely one where the difference
between int and smallint would probably be marginalized.

David J.