Checkpoints tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From pinker
Subject Checkpoints tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
I have saved data from pg_stat_bgwriter view following Greg Smith's advice
from his book:
select now(),* from pg_stat_bgwriter;

and then aggregated the data with query from his book as well.

checkpoint segments was first 30 and next day I have increased it to 200,
and results has changed:

<http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5824026/Auswahl_235.png>

now percent of checkpoints required because of number of segments is bigger
and backend writer share is also too high- I assume it's not what should
happen.
I'm not sure how to interpret correlation between allocation and written
data?
The bigger amount of data written per sec is a good sign?