Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Date
Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
List pgsql-hackers
"Fred .Flintstone" <eldmannen@gmail.com> writes:
> Even just creating symlinks would be a welcome change.
> So the real binary is pg_foo and foo is a symoblic link that points to pg_foo.
> Then at least I can type pg_<tab> and use tab auto-completion to find
> everything related to PostgreSQL.

You'd miss psql.  I think the odds of renaming psql are not
distinguishable from zero: whatever arguments you might want to make
about, say, renaming initdb perhaps not affecting too many scripts
are surely not going to fly for psql.  So that line of argument
isn't too convincing.