Re: Can't put sub-queries values in queries results? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Manuel Lemos
Subject Re: Can't put sub-queries values in queries results?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Jan,

On 22-Jul-00 20:03:39, you wrote:

>> >What version are you using?
>> >Current sources allow this, and 7.0.2 should as well.
>>
>> I am using 6.4 .  I wanted to use earlier versions but they require a
>> larger shared memory (1MB I suppose) than it is available on my ISP
>> machine.

>    An  ISP, allowing to run your own application programs on his
>    system and looking at 1MB of memory - today. I assume they do
>    accounting  of used CPU seconds as well, don't they? Big blue
>    is watching you...

Yes, because that's a virtual server with about 150 users in the same
machine.  Anyway the greatest problem is that they seem to need to
recompile the OS kernel or some other maintenance work that would affect
every user hosted on the same machine, so they only do that if I was on a
dedicated server.

Anyway, I don't see why I can't configure those requirements during
PostgreSQL build, especially when in past versions it worked with less
shared memory.  I wonder if isn't there a way to hack PostgreSQL source to
make it work with less shared memory as in past versions.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?user=mlemos@acm.org
--
E-mail: mlemos@acm.org
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp