Re: BUG #13638: Exception texts from plperl has bad encoding - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #13638: Exception texts from plperl has bad encoding
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alex Hunsaker <badalex@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> BTW, I think we can't actually use this regression test case, [...]

> Agreed. I'll attach it separately just for easy verification that
> everything is working as intended.

After awhile I remembered that we already had a similar test case in
plpython: it's testing with no-break space (U+A0) which has an equivalent
in most encodings.  So I adopted that strategy, and pushed this with
a test case.  We'll soon see if the buildfarm likes it.

            regards, tom lane