Re: Performance issue: index not used on GROUP BY... - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From gmb
Subject Re: Performance issue: index not used on GROUP BY...
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks for the feedback, everybody.
I spent a couple of days trying to optimise this;
As mentioned , the increased memory is not an option for me, as this query
is part of a report that can be run by any user on an ad hoc basis.
Allocating the required memory to any session on demand is not feasible in
this environment.

In the end , it seems to me that a more sustainable solution will be to
introduce an additional table to carry the summarized values and lookup on
that table in this type of scenario.

Regards