Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> Any chance we might be able to surface the old version for the
> case of UPDATE ... RETURNING?

Not as part of this patch.

Of course, once delta relations are available, who knows what
people might do with them.  I have a hard time imagining exactly
how you would expose what you're talking about, but a column to
distinguish before and after images might work.  Incremental
maintenance of materialized views will require that in the form of
a count column with -1 for deleted and +1 for inserted, so there
might be some common ground when we get to that.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com