Re: Postgresql works too slow

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Postgresql works too slow
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Postgresql works too slow  ("Nurlan Mukhanov (AL/EKZ)", )
 Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Steve Poe, )
  Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Simon Riggs, )
  Re: Postgresql works too slow  (Brad Nicholson, )

Steve Poe <> writes:
> Try enabliing your checkpoint_segments. In my example, our database
> restore took 75mins. After enabling checkpoints_segments to 20, we cut
> it down to less than 30 minutes.

Increasing maintenance_work_mem might help too ... or several other
settings ... with no information about exactly *what* is slow, it's
hard to say.

            regards, tom lane