Re: BUG #2632: createuser language poblem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #2632: createuser language poblem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Massimo Fidanza <max@massimofidanza.it> writes:
> Yes, I can join the translation team and translate the missing strigs,=20=
> =20
> but I think this is not the right answer. I think the best solution is=20=
> =20
> to accept the  english answer too.

I liked Peter's idea better (ie, not have the y/n in the
string-to-be-translated but generate it dynamically using the same
strings that will actually be matched to the input).  Your approach
fails if there are any languages that use y or n in a way conflicting
with the English usage ... and whether or not we have any such
translations today, who knows what will be out there tomorrow?

            regards, tom lane